Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Single Pilot IFR
I would definitely consider flying in single pilot IFR. Just as a general rule in aviation, it is as safe as the pilot makes it. Now, I would absolutely not do this flight today or even this month, but in the future. I would use an aircraft as a tool of transportation. That's the point! Some of my own personal rules would be to re-familiarize myself with IFR training taking all the precautions necessary to become confident in myself again. I only have .3 Hobbs of actual IFR, so my stipulations I would do is fly more actual with a pro and then do some single pilot IFR flights from take-off to landing in VFR conditions, If for some reason I am still nervous then I would go on a single IFR flight where I know I would have VFR weather at my destination. Then, I would think about a IFR approach. One tip i gained from the article was that No other type of flying requires greater skill or longer periods of concentration than SPIFR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment